Position: Bookkeeper / Payroll Assistant
Salary: £20,000 - £27,000 DOE
Location: Lincoln, Retford or Grantham (Hybrid Working Available)
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced candidate to join an established and highly regarded accountancy firm as a Bookkeeper / Payroll Assistant. With offices located in Lincoln, Retford & Grantham, you will be located within commutable distance to at least one of these offices.
This role involves working with the client managers to look after a portfolio of clients, requesting records, carrying out bookkeeping on a range of different software, resolving queries and communicating with clients regarding the VAT liabilities and payroll. A range of different software will be used including, but not limited to Xero, QuickBooks, and Sage Line 50.
Knowledge of standard accounting, cash accounting, flat rate scheme and partial exemption is desired. As the successful candidate, experience in reconciliation of bank accounts, sales ledger and purchase ledger will be required. The ability to travel will be a distinct advantage as the ability to travel to client’s premises and our other offices is desirable.
- Bookkeeping for a number of clients. Ensuring accurate entry of data
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns for clients, liaising with client managers and monitoring deadlines for filing
- Processing of payrolls on a weekly and monthly basis and providing payroll cover as required
- To develop good working relationships with clients and other departments in the practice
- AAT qualified or suitably experienced
- Experience of working within a bookkeeping and payroll bureau
- Knowledge of various VAT schemes available
- Excellent communication skills and experience liaising with clients regarding their books and records, VAT liabilities and payroll requirements.
- Experience liaising with HMRC regarding VAT and payroll for clients
- Experience using a range of different software including Xero, QuickBooks, and Sage Line 50, Sage payroll and Bright Pay.
- A positive, enthusiastic team player
- The ability to liaise with the other departments in the practice.
The firm boasts low staff turnover and high employee satisfaction. You will benefit from working within an experienced team will have the ability to grow within the role and career progression. Study support is available and hybrid working options can be explored.
To discuss this opportunity further, please apply soon to avoid disappointment.