Position: IT Helpdesk Support Technician
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000
We are recruiting for an experienced IT Helpdesk Support Technician to join a highly regarded and reputable IT Support & Consultancy firm. As the successful candidate, you will be confident in your 1st and 2nd line IT skills and will be responsible for delivering telephone and remote support to clients with some travel on-site as required.
- Supporting Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft office products.
- General IT administration, including changes to Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange Microsoft SharePoint and Office 365.
- Administration of devices such as hardware firewalls, NAS devices and managed switches.
- Installation of software & operating system patches.
- Accurately and diligently check client backup applications for failures, log and escalate.
- Monitoring of customers networks including triage and escalation.
- Assist users with remote access and general troubleshooting.
- Onsite repair and installation of hardware when required.
- Clear written and verbal communication.
- Strong IT proficiency – 1st and 2nd line support.
- Good IT troubleshooting skills.
- Good understanding of fault severity and impact, assigning priority and logging information.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office products.
- Good understanding of license compliance and anti-piracy measures.
- Good understanding of IT security and its necessity.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Exchange server and how to configure, patch and maintain.
- Strong knowledge of Firewalls (specifically WatchGuard) and routers.
- Knowledge of TCP IP, DNS and DHCP.
- Microsoft Hyper-V knowledge.
- Understanding of SSL & IPSEC VPNs.
- Ability to deploy & manage AV (specifically Symantec & ESET).
- High level of attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and able to manage own workload and use initiative.
- Able to build and maintain working relationships internally and externally.
- Full driving licence.
To discuss this opportunity further, please apply soon to avoid disappointment.