Performing Arts Subject Leader (Drama)
£41,136 - £45,766 + TLR
- KS3, KS4
- Supportive SLT
- Exemplary behaviour for learning
- Happy & harmonious school community
- Centralised resources & planning
- Staff well-being coordinator
- Pathway to leadership
Disruption free classrooms? Polite and respectful students? A supportive and highly visible SLT? Our client is fast becoming one of the most impressive schools in the country and an exciting opportunity has become available for a Subject Lead of Performing Arts to join this growing team, working alongside the Director of Faculty for PE & Creative Arts. Performing Arts encompasses, both Drama and Music and they are both popular subject areas. As the successful candidate, you will be a drama specialist.
This is a good school, serving a diverse intake of students with exemplary attitudes to learning. Staff and students enjoy disruption free classrooms, every lesson, every day and SLT support teachers to make this a reality. With a centralised approach towards behaviour for learning, teachers are not expected to have to run detentions or make negative phone calls.
- Lead the Performing Arts team and work with all colleagues who deliver their subjects as well as work collaboratively with other colleagues on relevant trips, visits and interdisciplinary topics.
- Actively work with the Director of Faculty on raising standards of teaching, achievement and progress within Drama and Music so that all students can achieve excellence.
Staff well-being is at the forefront of the school culture alongside being passionate about achieving social justice for our students. As the successful candidate you will benefit from a highly supportive SLT that actively teach and lead by example, a dedicated staff well-being coordinator, pathway to leadership and a centralised approach to lesson planning and sharing of resources, minimising workload.
As the successful candidate, you will be a passionate educator keen to deliver engaging lessons and fostering an environment for developing knowledge, ambition, and kindness to prepare students for success at university and the world beyond.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis so please apply soon to avoid disappointment.