Position: Senior IT Engineer
Salary: £25,000 - £29,000
Benefits: Company Car & Bonus Scheme
We are recruiting for a Senior IT Engineer to join a highly regarded and reputable IT Support & Consultancy firm. As the successful candidate, you will be an experienced IT professional with a proven track record of delivering installation and support at a high level. You will be confident in both your technical and practical knowledge and will be comfortable in a customer facing role.
- Configuration and installation of networked devices including Servers, PC’s, Printers etc. including administration of devices such as hardware firewalls, NAS, SAN, routers and managed switches.
- Supporting and maintaining Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft Office products.
- General IT administration, including changes to Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft 365.
- Monitoring of customers networks including triage and escalation.
- Assist users with remote access and general troubleshooting.
- Demonstratable experience in a similar role
- A Strong IT background, having accomplished many successful and complex Installations and have provided 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support.
- A high regard for security and confidentiality.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office products.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Exchange (on-premise & 365) how to configure, secure and maintain.
- Strong knowledge of Firewalls (specifically WatchGuard) and routers.
- Knowledge of TCP IP, DNS and DHCP.
- Understanding of SSL & IPSEC etc VPNs.
- Ability to deploy & manage AV (specifically ESET).
- High level of attention to detail.
- Good organisation and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and able to manage own workload and use initiative.
- Able to build and maintain working relationships internally and externally.
- Clear written and verbal communication.
- Full driving licence.
Candidates with Microsoft qualifications (MCSA, MCSE or 365) and knowledge in Microsoft Hyper-V, clustering, IT Security, license compliance and anti-piracy measures will have an added advantage. To discuss this opportunity further, please apply soon to avoid disappointment.