Job Title: Software Tester
Salary: up to £30,000 DOE
Hours: 8.45am - 5.15pm
This is a fantastic opportunity for a confident and capable person to join our expanding Software Testing Team as a Software Tester. The ideal candidate will be an experienced software tester and team player looking for a new challenge within a Testing and Quality Control environment. At the forefront of everything we do, our testing team aim to provide consistently bug free software to our users whilst maintaining defined SLAs. Our Testing Team are a busy, hardworking and dynamic team, who are continually looking to improve the way they work and improve the quality of the software we produce, whilst keeping abreast of continual developments and changes within our software.
You will join your team and learn about how they work, what targets they have and how they achieve them. Your Manager will help bring out the best in you so you can contribute to the team target as quickly as possible. As a Software Tester, you will find each day rewarding and enjoyable and feel a valued member of the team and understand how you contribute to the Company as a whole. You will be confident and good at problem solving, have the ability to ‘think on your feet’ and have excellent communication skills with the ability to learn new skills quickly and accurately. It is desirable to be familiar with manual software testing.
- Test Software, using various testing methods.
- Write and perform manual tests.
- Analyse and report faults to improve software quality.
- Liaise with colleagues and Software Developers when required to ensure issues are understood, effectively recorded and communicated to ensure a satisfactory resolution.
- Participate in appropriate training activities and encourage and support other colleagues in their development and training.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Have a logical and thorough approach to problem solving.
- Be quality focused / Possess an eye for detail.
- Well organised with good prioritisation skills with the ability to learn quickly and accurately.
- Be motivated and client focused.
- A team player with ability to work on own initiative and as part of the team.
- Approachable with a willingness to help others.
- Ability to present information in a friendly yet professional manner with excellent communication skills.
- Experience in Microsoft SQL is advantageous.
- Free parking
- On site private gym & personal trainer
- Subsidised staff cafeteria
- Complimentary fresh fruit for all departments
- Smart/ casual dress code
- Day off on your Birthday!