Job Title: Software Testing Manager
Salary: £35,000 - £50,000
An exciting opportunity has become available for a candidate experienced in management with demonstrable experience of software testing to join a market leading software company.
We’re on the lookout for an experienced manager to steer the Testing department through its next exciting chapter of growth. The testing team is tasked with ensuring the provision of high-quality software to our customers, whilst maintaining defined SLAs. They’re busy, hardworking and dynamic, and continually look for ways to improve the way they work and improve the quality of the software that is produced, whilst keeping abreast of continual developments and changes within the software.
As the Testing Manager you will be accountable for the management of the software testing elements of the development life cycle. This will involve managing a team covering multiple disciplines and technologies, including automated and manual testing of desktop and web applications. You’ll work to tight deadlines and targets, to drive standards to the highest they can be.
- Manage internal software testing resources.
- Plan, coordinate and control test activities including design and analysis.
- Ensure software quality is of the highest standard.
- Responsible for system and regression testing.
- Document, implement, monitor, and enforce all processes for testing as per standards defined by the company.
- Be responsible for signing off software releases for use by customers.
- Communicate test progress and status to appropriate people in a timely manner to ensure deadlines are met and all issues and risks have been identified.
- Experience managing a team is essential.
- Well organised with good prioritisation skills with the ability to learn quickly and accurately.
- Have knowledge of industry standard testing methodologies.
- Be confident speaking to colleagues of all levels and customers using any form of communication.
- Have a logical and thorough approach to problem solving.
- Be quality focused and possess an eye for detail.
- Be approachable with a willingness to help others.
- Experience in Microsoft SQL is advantageous.
- Additional holiday for your birthday, and for each year you work with us.
- Flexitime and flexible breaks to provide that all important work life balance.
- Hybrid working between the office and home.
- Wellbeing support and professional mental health support.
- Subsidised ‘Hive’ café, offering food and beverage options throughout your day.
- Team events and perks, including free lunches on ‘Team Days’.
- Financial bonuses & awards.
- Annual team and company events, including our annual ‘Colleague Awards’ night.
- A company gym to use throughout the week.
- Colleague discounts from local and national providers.
- We also offer other occupational benefits including death in service and critical illness cover.