Position: Tax Manager
Salary: £35,000 - £60,000
An excellent opportunity has become available to join a dynamic and constantly developing organisation. Amongst the leading firms in the country, our client has grown and expanded with offices throughout the country and takes pride in its industry leading training and staff development.
We are recruiting for a Tax Manager to manage a portfolio of personal and corporate tax clients and deliver internal and external tax advice. As a Tax Manager, you will be responsible for providing tax compliance and advisory services in support of the Tax Partner, maximising fee income and supervising work in progress and billing for the department.
The role is mainly corporate, but ideally the candidate will have experience in personal tax and VAT if possible.
This position will also take responsibility for the management of the tax function within the region to support the tax partner. As the successful candidate, you will have experience as a manager or assistant manager within practice.
- Tax returns - corporate and personal to review
- Assisting and also leading with the delivery of tax projects to include:
- Research and development of tax credits
- Employee share schemes
- Company mergers and acquisitions
- Company reconstructions and demergers
- Experience in Stamp duty would be desirable
- Cross border tax experience would be desirable
- Assisting in the training of other team members
- Relevant professional qualification such as ACA or CTA (or equivalent) with extensive experience of tax compliance services
- Broad and strong technical tax knowledge and experience
- Good client handling technique
- Ability to build positive relationships with members of the team & network
- Experience of mentoring and developing people
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to take ownership of projects, effectively delegate to others and take responsibility for quality control
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and disciplined
- Organised and methodical with strong numerical abilities
- Able to work as part of a wider team
- Flexible working
- Effective career progression & development
- Private health cover for all qualified staff and managers
- Study support
- Recognised training office with ICAEW & ACCA
- Payment of subscription fees
- Childcare Voucher scheme
- Voluntary Healthcare scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Death in Service Benefit
- Commission scheme
To discuss this opportunity further, please apply soon to avoid disappointment.