Position: Tax Senior
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000
An excellent opportunity has become available to join a dynamic and constantly developing organisation. Amongst the leading firms in the country, our client has grown and expanded with offices throughout the country and takes pride in its industry leading training and staff development.
We are recruiting for a Tax Senior to join a growing team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background of tax compliance, in a Practice environment, together with up-to-date technical knowledge and excellent communication skills. Some experience in an advisory role and/or VAT would be an advantage.
Experience is more important than qualification for this role, which requires strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with excellent communication skills.
You will be responsible for a mixed portfolio of tax clients, including directors, self-employed individuals, HNWIs, expatriates, and some trusts. You will also be expected to identify tax planning and tax investigation issues and bring these to the attention of relevant people within the firm.
There are also opportunities to expand your advisory experience should you wish.
- Tax reporting and compliance within an accountancy practice
- Tax returns - corporate and personal
- Researching and creating reports on projects
- Manage the successful delivery of all tax projects
- Corporate and personal tax reviews on year-end files
- Assisting in the training of other team members
- Demonstrable experience within a Senior Tax role or similar is essential
- A tax qualification is desirable but not essential however you must have a keen interest within the tax industry
- Experience managing a tax portfolio would be beneficial
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with an ability to liaise with people at all levels
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and disciplined
- Organised and methodical with strong numerical abilities
- Able to work as part of a wider team
- Flexible working
- Effective career progression & development
- Private health cover for all qualified staff and managers
- Study support
- Recognised training office with ICAEW & ACCA
- Payment of subscription fees
- Childcare Voucher scheme
- Voluntary Healthcare scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Death in Service Benefit
- Commission scheme
To discuss this opportunity further, please apply soon to avoid disappointment.