Position: Test Manager (Software)
Salary: £35,000 - £50,000
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced manager to lead the Software Testing team through its next phase of growth. The testing team is tasked with ensuring the provision of high-quality software to external customers & clients, whilst maintaining defined SLAs. This is a busy, hardworking and dynamic team that is continually looking for ways to improve the way they work and improve the quality of the software being produced.
As the Team Manager you will be accountable for the management of the software testing elements of the development life cycle. This will involve managing a team converting multiple disciplines and technologies, including automated and manual testing of desktop and web applications. You will work to tight deadlines and targets, to drive standards to the highest.
- Manage internal software testing resources.
- Plan, coordinate and control test activities including design and analysis.
- Ensure software quality is of the highest standard.
- Responsible for system and regression testing.
- Document, implement, monitor, and enforce all processes for testing as per standards defined by the company.
- Be responsible for signing off software releases for use by customers.
- Communicate test progress and status to appropriate people in a timely manner to ensure deadlines are met and all issues and risks have been identified.
- Experience managing a team is essential.
- Well organised with good prioritisation skills with the ability to learn quickly and accurately.
- Have knowledge of industry standard testing methodologies.
- Be confident speaking to colleagues of all levels and customers using any form of communication.
- Have a logical and thorough approach to problem solving.
- Be quality focused and possess an eye for detail.
- Be approachable with a willingness to help others.
- Experience in Microsoft SQL is advantageous.
- Extended annual leave
- Flexitime & flexible breaks, promoting work life balance
- Hybrid working
- Subsidised lunch café
- Team social events
- Bonuses & rewards
- Private gym facilities
- Occupational benefits
To discuss this opportunity further, please apply soon to avoid disappointment.